The Lovely Eggs created quite the stir with this year’s I Am Moron album. The album is their sixth, as the band have been busy doing what they do since 2008. A flow of albums and gigs have seen their profile steadily raise and this is a career trajectory we fully expect to continue.
The Lovely Eggs consist of husband and wife Holly Ross and David Blackwell and come from Lancaster, none of which may scream ROCK N ROLL at you in a loud voice, but those who may doubt their credentials are directed to listen to I Am Moron at their earliest opportunity to have their concerns blasted to the four winds some of the most stinging psych-punk nuggets your ears will have been treated to thus far.
Sun 13 sat the Holly down and asked her 13 questions. Read on to find out more about being drunk in the Champs Elysees and shouting at the Covid press conference.
- Where are you and what are you doing and how is that working out?
Sat in our kitchen watching an online council meeting about the future of Lancaster Music Co-op. We really hope they make some good decisions. We’ll let you know how it works out.
- How have you been coping with the lockdown situation?
Taking it in our stride. Not much has changed. Still stuck in Eggland.
- What do you miss most about pre-lockdown times?
The touring, the gigs, the laughs, meeting a load of mad eggheads, the free booze!
- Recommend one band or album that you think we should check out
- When did you last make yourself do something you didn’t want to?
Today. Sat down to watch a council meeting
- What is your favourite meal?
- Can you cook?
Depends what you’re on about. But yes we can put a pan on the stove and make hot food.
- Tell us a secret
White dog dirt is still out on the streets
- What’s the best night out you’ve ever had?
Riding down the Champs Elysees in Paris in a stranger’s open top car with about 14 other people piled on top of each other pissed out of our tiny gourds with the Pixies banging out. A random but truly wonderful night. We had no idea why we were there but glad we were.
- When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
The other day in bed when our little lad was doing an impression of my mum doing an impression of someone local.
- What is your favourite view?
Forton Services after ten days on tour
- When did you last shout at the TV?
Last week when someone asked at the Covid press conference Q and A how was the government going to help self employed people who couldn’t actually go back to work for example those in the entertainment industry and they didn’t answer the fucking question!
- Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. Is there anything else you’d like to say?
I am Moron. You are Moron. We are Moron. OMMMMMMMM.
One reply on “13 Questions with The Lovely Eggs”
[…] 13 Questions with The Lovely Eggs […]